Thursday, June 7, 2012

Its Alarming How Charming I Feel...

Hey there.
I am incredibly, incredibly happy.
The floating on air, goofy smile, dancing around and singing showtunes kind of happy.
I think.
I really can't remember the last time I was so infatuated with someone who was actually a good person. I suppose thats what happens when you have a thing for arrogant charm and like a challenge. However, those experiences have also taught me to be wary of the infatuation phase and not get too carried away with myself.
But are you allowed to throw caution out the window if said wonderful person wants to see you bad enough that they offer to split the cost of a plane ticket with you because they know you technically can't afford it, and take you to a Yankees game?
Even if there's a chance you'll get stabbed at said Yankees game, even if you're not wearing the opposing team's t-shirt?
Honestly, he's making it sound more like a Man U game in England than American baseball.
But yes, I am going back to New York in 11 days. Its only really partially sunk in, since we spur of the moment got a ticket last night, and I'm actually kinda stressed out about it.
Cause the thing is, I haven't really told many people about this guy. Which translates to "I haven't told people like my ex who's still trying to be with me and my mom about this guy". Funnily enough, my mom is not the person I'm most stressed out about talking to. Can't remember the last time that happened. But I really don't think she'll care.
I'll have to tell her he's paying for the whole ticket though, or she'll give me shit about "wasting money". She's one of those people who believes that you should pay your credit card balance in full every month (honestly, the only people who believe that are the people who are capable of doing it).
In other news, I went back to the bakery I applied at today to check on my ap and was simply told they were still going through all of them and they'd call when they figured it out. Basically got the same thing at the clothing boutique, but now I also have the impression they don't actually want to hire anyone until the fall.
In other other news, I'm going to Athens tonight with my friend Chris and 1 or 2 of this roommates to see Laura Stevenson and the Cans (which is a fantastic band that you are required to go check out if you've never heard of them before). The good news is that'll be fun, and Chris is driving, so I can drink all I want. The bad news is these people are not moved by the deliciousness that is The Grit (veg restaurant in Athens), and the show doesn't start til 11, so we're not getting in until after they're closed. I'll find some way to console myself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riddle Rachel This:
1) Is there any way to give a cat a haircut without making the cat look ridiculous?
     -actually, I can go ahead and answer this: NO.
2) Whats the point of telling applicants that you keep employment applications on file for 6 months? If people are looking for a job, it usually means that they need a job right away. If you wait several months to call them they'll probably have forgotten they even applied there, already gotten another job, or maybe are still woefully unemployed. I'm starting to worry I'm going to be the latter =(

No comments: