Saturday, June 9, 2012

"Hey kids, its time to use the F word..."

Fuuuck, Fuuuuuuck, Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Today should have been a fairly happy day, because I officially got a job and worked my first training shift. Its at a little mom and pop pizza place, and for some reason the guy has me working the front counter instead of being a driver, but I'm pretty sure that can be changed. Its not that great, but the people seem cool and moneys money for now.
But of course, it only takes one person and their shitty comments to ruin a good day, especially for me.
I got asked to come in to the pizza place again tomorrow morning, when I was supposed to pick my ex up from the airport, so I sent him a message telling him what happened and asking if he thought we could find another way to get him. I definitely did not say he was shit out of luck and I couldn't do anything for him. My mom, who is the other person thats capable of ruining days with a single comment, and who also does not like my ex, actually did something incredibly sweet and told me if he couldn't find anyone she would get him. He of course flipped out on me for "disregarding a pretty serious commitment to him," so I just told him, in a nutshell, that he should know me well enough to know I tend to put everyone else's well being before my own and I would have said I could go in to work if he couldn't find another ride, and that apparently I couldn't get anything right in his eyes, and I'm basically done with him treating me like this.
People take all of your selfless actions for granted, but if you do something selfish, or more likely, something important for yourself (like getting a job after being unemployed for a year), you are suddenly scum of the earth.
My good, and very wise friend McCabe once told me something like this: if someone makes you feel the lowest of lows, even if they can also make you feel the highest of highs, they aren't worth it. 
He actually told me this when I first started dating my ex almost 3 years ago now, and I just tried to ignore it, but I've finally reached the point in my life where enough people have walked all over me and I'm just done pretending to be nice about it.
This is another reason why I shouldn't be working the front counter at a food establishment.
Btw, if you'd like to understand the title, listen to "Another F.U. Song" by Reel Big Fish.
They make a lot of simple yet perfect songs for moments like these.
Also, there may very well be obnoxious typos in this, don't really feel like thoroughly proof reading.
Cheers

No comments: