Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Need To Start Writing Again...

So...yeah.
It is now 2012.
I have graduated from Georgia State University with a Bachelors in Anthropology.
I'm finally 21.
I was in a committed, cohabitational relationship for 2.5 years, which I broke up because I fucked up.
After several miserable months I sort of got him back, only to have him treat me like crap, but still decide that he wants me to move back in, even though we're not any sort of couple. I'm finally realizing that even though I got what I wanted, I don't think thats what he wanted. He doesn't know what he wants, and maybe I don't either.
I now live with my parents again.
I am unemployed and searching for a job.
The two most promising places I've applied (which haven't called me yet) are a bakery and a clothing boutique.
I have also semi-secretly applied to be a retail coordinator between an Asian museum and their museum store. The job is in New York City. (Thats why its semi-secret).
I've wanted to start a band since I was about 5, and every attempt has failed. But I've recently decided that I shouldn't give up, so I've been trying to play guitar again, and one of my best friends, Yumiko, is going to actually play guitar in this alleged band. At the moment its called El Scorcho. Yes, its a Weezer reference, because she's half Japanese and I'm a redhead (except I'm the one that plays the cello, details).
So I guess I do know what I want- make music, make money, get my own place, and possibly move to New York. And fun, lots of fun.

No comments: